XL Ministries, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting eXcellence in Leadership through quality Christian training. XL offers a two-year internship program within the context of the local church, where men can learn about ministry while doing ministry. The internship is tailored for each person, to concentrate on ministry either as a senior pastor, youth pastor, children's/family pastor, or in missions. During the two years we strive to give the intern the tools he will need to fulfill his calling, including:
- Bible Doctrine
- How to preach and teach
- Bible studies
- Parent meetings / Leadership meetings
- How to work with a church staff
- How to work with a board
- How to oversee a budget
- Principles of biblical counseling
- Activities, camps, special events
The Goals of XL Ministries
- Raise the standard in ministry.
- Call teens & adults to holiness, purity and utter devotion to Christ.
- Work within the local church, recognizing it as God's instrument for reaching the world for Jesus Christ.
- Provide opportunities for individuals to receive practical ministry training within the local church.